§ 1 Scope of application
This Policy applies between you, the user of this Website and MediDate, the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website and any services or systems therein. Your use of this Website signifies your agreement to be bound by the terms of this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully before providing us with any personal information. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 2 Information gathered
Relating to Users:
Users to our Website who are looking to get an appointment for preliminary medical examination at the Partner’s medical institution will be asked to supply relevant personal and medical information. This information will be disclosed to selected Partners to allow them to contact you to provide an appointment for a preliminary examination.
Relating to Partners:
Partners who choose to present their medical institution on our Web Site will be asked to provide information about their business that will be shown to the Users.
Without limitation, any of the following information may be collected:
- Name; date of birth, contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers, post code;
- Health Information, in particular information on user´s visual acuity, insurance status, dioptre values (nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism), diseases, disorders, body mass index, previous surgery status, pregnancy status, treatments or other investigations;
- IP address, web browser type and version, operating system, referring sites, activity on this Website, and cookie information (see section 9 below for more information on cookies). Most of this is automatically collected to help administer our Website and track usage statistics;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of using this Website;
- Information about Partners e.g., treatments provided and pricing;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
§ 3 Use of Information
- All personal information is stored securely in accordance with the principles of data protection law;
- Any personal inforation you submit will be retained by MediDate for as long as you use the services provided on this Website. MediDate will not keep your data longer than is necessary;
- Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- o Internal record keeping;
- o Improvement of our products / services;
- o Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- o Contact for market research purposes, which may be done using email, telephone, or mail.
Feedback after Preliminary Examination
MediDate collects and processes the feedback of each partner with regards to the user’s attendance of the preliminary examination and surgery – both carried out by the partner. The user allows the partner to inform MediDate hereof. This data is solely collected for internal use and billing purposes.
§ 3a Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
MediDate may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
In order for you to be informed and advised by MediDate’s partners on treatments and services, only when we have your express permission.
§ 4 Third Party Web Sites and Services
MediDate may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain data provided to us but any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. This Website may contain links to other sites. In this context, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites.
§ 5 Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
§ 5a Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any data at all. However, to use all services and systems available on the Website you may be required to submit personal data.
§ 6 Security
Data security is of great importance to us. In order to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any data collected online. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Transmission of personal data from users to our Website is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to help protect users confidentiality. However, due to the nature of the Internet, MediDate cannot guarantee the protection of your personal data and therefore we are not responsible for any loss or damage that may arise when this Website is used.
§ 7 Cookies
MediDate may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the site that placed it there, not any other sites. You may delete cookies, however you may loose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on this Website.
§ 8 Changes to this Policy
MediDate reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
§ 9 Disclaimer